This delicious recipe is really quick to make and is perfect for one-pot cooking over a campfire.
2 of each onion, garlic, carrots, celery, peppers chopped
heaped teaspoon each of chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon
1 tin chick peas
1 tin kidney beans
2 tins chopped tomatoes
500g minced beef
- Add a glug of olive oil and the vegetables to the pot with all of the spices
- Cook gently for about 10 minutes until soft and lightly browned
- Add the chick peas, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and minced beef and stir well
- Add the coriander stalks and balsamic vinegar
- Loosen with a tin full of cold water then bring everything up to the boil then simmer gently for about an hour stirring frequently.
- You could cook some rice on the stove in the kitchen to serve with it but for the full campfire experience wrap some smallish potatoes in a couple of layers of foil and place in the hot coals of the fire.
- Sprinkle with the fresh coriander leaves and serve with a cold beer.