This delicious recipe is really quick to make and is perfect for one-pot cooking over a campfire.
2 salmon fillets, chopped
1 small packet of fresh or frozen prawns
Large handful of frozen peas or spinach
Large handful of risotto rice per person plus one for the pan
1 large glass white wine
1 litre veg stock
Parmesan, shaved or grated to taste
- Chop the leek and add to the one pot with a lug of olive oil or a knob of butter.
- Soften the leek then add the risotto rice and wine.
- Simmer for a few minutes then add a third of the stock and stir.
- Lift the one pot so that it’s not too close to the fire as the rice needs to cook slowly.
- Stir frequently, and when the stock is absorbed add another third of the stock.
- Keep stirring and, again when that is absorbed add the rest of the stock, the chopped salmon, the prawns and peas or spinach.
- Stir frequently until the rice is cooked but still has a bite to it.
- Add the parmesan and serve with fresh crusty bread and a cold glass of white!