Cosy Under Canvas is in Wales, right on the border with England, and here we like to embrace all things Welsh.
The cosy blankets in our domes and lounge are made in Wales, the tasty produce in our ‘Cosy Cook Pots’ and ‘Breakfast in Bed Hampers’ is sourced in Wales. We provide lush smelling toiletries, made by a social enterprise in Wales and the delicious coffee provided in our kitchens is roasted in Wales.
1st March is St Davids Day or Dydd Gwyl Dewi (in Welsh). He is the patron saint of Wales but what else do we know about him?
He was born in 500 and founded a monastery in Pembrokeshire on the coast in the spot where St Davids Cathedral is today.
He was a renowned preacher and lived a simple life, reportedly only consuming leeks and water!
He performed miracles, the most famous being when people at the back of a sermon he was preaching complained they could not hear him, the ground on which he stood rose up to form a hill and a white dove settled on his shoulder.
This year, St David’s coincides with the 80th birthday of our Grandpa (who’s also called David), so we’ve decided to celebrate by cooking him a tasty 2 course traditional Welsh meal.
Guess our main course and dessert and you’ll be in with a chance of winning a Hamper celebrating all things Welsh, including one of our cosy blankets, some Welsh coffee and toiletries and a Welsh Love Spoon! Plus, we’ll throw in a discount towards a stay at Cosy.
Terms and Conditions
Guess our St David’s Day Meal Competition: 26th February – 1st March 2020
- Eligibility: Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over only excluding employees or agents of Cosy Under Canvas or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to this Prize Draw.
- By entering this Promotion (the “Promotion”) you (the “participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To enter go to facebook.com/cosyundercanvas or instagram.com/cosyundercanvas/ between 26th February and 1st March 2020 and comment on the St David’s Day post with your guess of the main course and dessert of our St David’s Day Meal
- Only comments on the post that match the correct answer, as declared by Cosy Under Canvas on 1st March 2020 will be considered as entries.
- You can enter only once. No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Prize Draw. Abusive or obscene comments will be removed and will not be considered as entrants for the draw.
- Winner Selection: At the end of the Promotion Period, all correct entrants will be entered into a prize draw (the “Prize Draw”). The winner will be selected at random from all qualifying entries by Monday 4th March 2020 and the participant contacted via Facebook messenger to provide the winner’s address, date of birth and phone number. The participant must respond within seven days.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is one main prize of:
- A hamper of Welsh produce to include a cosy Welsh blanket, Welsh roasted coffee, Welsh toiletries, Welsh cakes, Welsh tea, daffodil bulbs and a Welsh love spoon. Plus a voucher for 20% off a stay at Cosy Under Canvas to use anytime this season, 2020.
- The stay must be booked at least 5 days in advance, where availability of that class of accommodation exists, and in any case must be taken before the 14th October 2020.
- In the event that a winner or a substitute winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in the time required, the winner or substitute winner shall forfeit their prize, and another winner will be picked and contacted.
- The Prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. If the winner is unable to take their prize within the stated period, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another winner chosen in the same manner. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- This competition is in no way affiliated with Facebook.
Privacy and Data Protection
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winner. The winner may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Prize Draw consents to such participation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Prize Draw whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and conditions of this Prize Draw.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for:
(a) any failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control;
(b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries;
(c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures;
(d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter.
- By entering the Prize Draw, each participant, winner and any winner’s guest agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- This Prize Draw is governed by English law.